Last night I went down to D.C. to see my friend/ex-roommate/ex-bandmate Mike in a play. He's playing piano and doing musical director stuff and acting a little in a production of Ring Cycle! The Musical, which is a whimsical attempt to condense Wagner's 15-hour opera into 90 minutes. It kind of gets across the original story and some of its music while being very silly and kind of a parody at the same time. The funniest parts were me were anytime Mike had a line, though, just because I think he's one of the funniest people in the world without ever trying. Overall it was better than I expected it to be, although the friends I went with were being bitchy and snarky the whole night, especially in regards to the play.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment