I've got 2 pieces in this week's City Paper. One is a System of a Down/The Mars Volta live review, which was a show I wasn't even planning to go to, until Bret, the CP arts editor, e-mailed me the day before the show. He had 2 tickets and couldn't go, and I guess since I did a SOAD album review for him a couple months ago, he offered them to me if I could review the show. I offered the other ticket to a few friends, and a couple really wanted to go, but noone was able to on such short notice. So I ended up going alone and giving away the other ticket (ok, I sold it, but for a pretty low amount, just enough to cover the cost of parking downtown). It was an awesome show!

My other article (and my first lead story for the arts section!) is a profile of a Baltimore MC named Skarr Akbar, and I've got a post over at Gov't Names with more info about him and a few mp3's.

Labels: , , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment