Netflix diary

4. Constantine
I wasn't even sure if I was gonna watch this, and when I did, I had low expectations: it got lousy reviews, weak box office, and a lot of flack for supposedly not being faithful to the graphic novels it was based on. But man, I really liked this. Keanu did alright in it, although some other leading man could've done a better job of brooding and looking haggard in that role, and him being there unfortunately makes it seem like a Heaven and Hell version of the Matrix at times. But the rest of the cast was strong (even Gavin Rossdale and the kid from Even Stevens!), the story had some good twists, and the CGI all served up some really memorable imagery. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

5. Finding Neverland
This was pretty pleasant and enjoyable, with some sad bits. Reminded me a bit of Big Fish, although I didn't like it as much maybe because the way it evoked the power of imagination was an overly familiar story. Kinda funny to see Dustin Hoffman in there, considering he already did a Peter Pan movie.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

I gotta agree, Constantine was fun. Its rare for an action movie with a heavy apocalypse/religious theme to give me such a sudden jolt of humor and a laugh, but when he flipped the bird to Satan... oh that killed!
 
Post a Comment