TV diary

Lost
Now that J.G. and I live together, our TV habits have taken on more and more synergy, whereas before we'd just watch the shows we both already liked whenever we hung out. It's been a few years since I watched any network prime time show every single week, but she's got a few she keeps up on. She got me into C.S.I. years ago, but I'm starting to try some of the other ones and sort out what I like. I'd been kind of ignoring the Lost hype last season, just not interested in the premise or the descriptions, and got tired of the hatch talk all summer. But I watched a couple repeats, and by the end of the season premiere, I was pretty hooked. I think if it gets any sillier, I'll either tune out again or will become completely addicted.

Veronica Mars
Another one of J.G.'s favorites that I'm trying out. I guess it's pretty tired to bitch about TV teenagers being played by much older actors, but seriously, she was 24 during the first season and she's supposed to be in high school, that's just lazy casting. The first couple episodes I saw were kind of light and enjoyable, but then they started to get into all these heavy plots with date rape drugs and murder and shit, I hope when the new season starts they'll kind of restart the cycle and it'll be a little less heavy and more of a funny, slightly spooky girl detective show.

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Easily my favorite non-Adult Swim show on Cartoon Network. Created by the same guy as Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls but the animation style and the humor are kind of distinct and unique. Some of the episodes get a bit repetitive and shrill in search of a running gag, but it pays off big in some episodes (especially the one featuring a character named Cheese).

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. atlantis empire lost is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.
 
Post a Comment