Netflix diary

1. Eddie Izzard: Dress To Kill
J.G. and I just got Netflix at the new apartment last week. This was one of her picks. A friend of hers at school had a copy of this that they watched constantly and could quote every other word of it. He's funny! I like when he makes some European historical reference that goes over the American audience's heads, and then taunts them about it.

2. Freaks and Geeks, disc 1
I was a big fan of the show during its original run, been wanting to rent or buy the DVDs ever since they came out but hadn't until now. I was a junior in high school when it was originally on, and I don't identify with it as much anymore obviously, but it still holds up pretty well, although in kind of a different way than I'd expected. I'd seen most of the episodes before, I think J.G. had only seen one or two. Not through the whole season yet but looking forward to getting more discs. Kinda even more looking forward to getting the Undeclared DVDs, though. I don't know if that show was better but it was definitely funnier.

3. Hotel Rwanda
Another J.G. pick. She'd seen it already and I hadn't. It was interesting to get a humanized perspective on something that was all over the news when I was just a little too young to grasp what was going on. They did a good job of showing how quickly the situation broke down, and how nice things were before.

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Al - nice blog! i discovered gov't names through catchdubs, and trickled down to this.

any rate, mr. izzard: i find that every group who dicovers the guy has one or two copies of dressed and just play it to death, and they all know all the lines (i'm one of them, i fearfully admit). it's comforting to know that other people do this, at least it's comforting to me.

seen the guy live, he's even more forgetful and distracted, which is charming.

sorry for the lurker post.

tim (a white kid from columbia, md who likes bmore club)
 
Post a Comment