I've been covering some great stuff on the City Paper's Noise page @ http://noise.citypaper.com lately. I spent a day at Artscape (with Keyshia Cole and Lupe Fiasco) and Whartscape (with Human Host, Yukon, and Blood Baby), and wrote about my experiences as a panelist at the Making The Right Moves entertainment conference @ the Baltimore Convention Center (Midas also covered the event for the Elements Party site, including a picture of my looking real shitty with a stain on my shirt). I put together a playlist of Baltimore hip hop tracks available on iTunes, featuring a whole lot of good songs and different artists, I really reccomend buying that or using it to find some stuff you might like. I also went to Ogun/Skarr Akbar/Comp/M.O.L. @ Sonar, the Hip Hop Cover Show @ Sonar with UnReal, Wade Waters, Leviathan and more, Labtekwon's group The Tao of Slick w/ The Mean @ Eden's Lounge, Lexie Mountain Boys @ the Golden West Cafe, Ted Leo @ the Recher Theatre, and Goo Goo Dolls/Lifehouse @ Pier Six Pavillion. Probably the best show I've seen lately, though, was Rasputina and My Brightest Diamond @ The Ottobar, which I checked out when an old family friend, Robbie, came up to Baltimore for it, and I hung out with him and went along and it turned out to be two really good live acts I'd never seen before.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Post a Comment