Mixtape Tuesday

This week's selection is another one that did not make but received (also it's a CD, not a tape). Over the weekend J.G. and I went to her winter formal (she goes to a small private all-girls college, so dances and stuff like that are a bigger deal there than at other schools). We got dressed up all fancy, it was fun. Every year they have some kind of trinket or piece of memorabilia they give out to people who attend the dance. Last year it was glass with an engravement on it, this year it was mix CD's, which was widely regarded as a disappointment and a cheap ripoff. Next to each track is the name of the person who picked it (or in some cases, a group, such as "Psychology Dept." or "Class of 2007"). Mixes that are done by committee are always interesting, usually in kind of a trainwreck way. That's pretty much the reason why I haven't really considered getting involved in ILMiXor yet, it's just a weird idea, still not sure about it. Anyway this is the CD that everyone got a copy of at the dance:

1. Toploader - "Dancing In The Moonlight"
2. Frank Sinatra - "The Way You Look Tonight"
3. The Beach Boys - "God Only Knows"
4. Outkast - "Hey Ya!"
5. John Lennon - "Imagine"
6. Sheryl Crow - "One Less Bell To Answer"
7. White Stripes - "You're Pretty Good Looking"
8. The B-52's - "Love Shack"
9. Joni Mitchell - "Blue"
10. James Taylor - "Your Smiling Face"
11. The Mamas and the Papas - "California Dreamin'"
12. Lenny Kravitz - "American Woman"
13. Black Eyed Peas - "Hey Mama"
14. Rick James - "Superfreak"
15. The Grateful Dead - "Women Are Smarter"
16. Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"
17. Cassidy featuring R. Kelly - "Hotel"

Of those songs, I think I wouldn't mind never hearing 4, 5, 11, 12, 16 and 17 ever again. I like 2, 3, 9 and 14 enough that I'm glad to have a copy of them on CD. And I love 8 but already have it on CD. I like the single version of 13 ok but the version on the mix is different, I guess the album version, and I don't like it as much. Also, Sheryl Crow singing Bacharach and David is something I don't think I needed to hear.

Labels: , , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

The logistics of this mix boggles my mind. The transition from the Dead to Lit .. would just make my head pop.. -mike
 
Post a Comment